Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Back in Mac

This post should actually be dated mid-April, but I had my nine-year-old MacBook Pro in for a graphics issue, and that turned into a month of no computer. They kept second-guessing the problem, first a graphic's cable, then a new LCD, then a graphics chip on the logic (mother) board, then a new mother board after they destroyed the old one trying to fix the graphics chip. They admitted their mistake and charged me only for the LCD, cable, and while there were in there, a new battery. Grand total: $350. About half the cost of a new logic board, and about a tenth the cost of this Mac when I bought it nine years ago. The upside is that this 'ol quasi-extinct 17-inch hunk of unibody should be good for another nine years. SO, this post is old news, but I will persevere. Now back to the garden.
First, just what the hell is this shot of? It's a shot of me transplanting a mini ¾-inch soil block into a 2-inch soil block, that's what. And a hard shot to make, with only two hands.
Newly transplanted mini blocks.
This year, I limited myself to 16 varieties of heirloom tomatoes, herbs, brassicas, onions, peppers, and marigolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment