Monday, July 25, 2016

Berry Long Boxes (Part 1)



One last piece of garden to terrace in. I had room for three rows of black berries and red raspberries. As with the other spaces, I opted for building cedar boxes to serve as my terraces, in this case three twelve foot by two foot boxes.

I used 2"x6" twelve foot cedar boards for the long pieces. Side boards are two footers.
Corners attached using 2"x4" pieces cut to 5 1/2 inches and screwed in using deck screws.

Lastly, 2"x4" two-foot long cross pieces were screwed in to prevent bowing.

Then, I set about the laborious task of digging out and leveling each box. I was way too busy to photograph the process (actually, I just forgot). Tune in tomorrow for the 4"x4" cross beam construction from which to suspend wires and hold up the canes.

No comments:

Post a Comment