Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Undercover Crop

Pulled back the bed cover, and pulled off the under-cover today and what did I see: Many of the greens I planted in November made it through the winter. Salad in a week or two. Had we been here this winter to oversee things and manage the bed in a timely manner, I have no doubts the crop would have been even more robust.
Where the under-cover blew off (bare spots), the greens disappeared; where it stayed on, the greens survived, if not thrived. These are a mixture of a red leaf lettuce, tatsoi, dandeloin, and bok choi. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ranny,

    Ken here from Canada. Nice work keeping the green alive all winter. I'm glad to hear you and Marty are still tending to your garden. You are ahead of me by maybe 3 weeks. I will begin planting in another week when the chance of frost is very low. I'm hoping for another bountiful year of veggies, and wish the same for you and Marty. Please give Marty my best wishes and take care.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Ken, how are you. As you can tell, I don't monitor this blog much this time of year. I hope all is well up in Ontario. Any chance you'll be making a visit to the Midwest any time soon? If so, we'd love to see you.

      Delete